Surgery is a permanent way to restore hair growth. There are two main types of hair transplants: FUE and FUT. Both have their own unique benefits, which is why it can be difficult to decide which one is right for you. In this article, we’ll discuss the differences between FUE and FUT hair transplants so you can make an informed decision about which procedure is best for you. We provide the best FUE and FUT transplant differences and benefits.
FUE Hair Transplant
FUE stands for Follicular Unit Excision. FUE hair transplant procedure is a less invasive surgery that involves extracting individual hair follicles from the donor area and transplanting them into the balding area. The donor site is usually the back and sides of the head. This is done by making small incisions at the donor site to remove the hair follicles. Because this procedure does not require any stitches, it is often considered to be less painful and more scar-free than the FUT procedure.
FUT Hair Transplant
FUT stands for Follicular Unit Transplant. FUT is a more traditional hair transplant surgery that involves extracting a strip of hair from the donor area. This strip is then dissected into individual follicular units and transplanted into the balding or thinning areas. The technique is faster, and the donor areas can be transplanted along with the recipient ones.
● Scarring is minimal with no visible scar. The wound will heal over a minimal period of time.
● The FUE treatment is suitable, among other people, those who wish to grow shorter hair and need fewer grafts.
● The recovery period is comparatively less for FUE compared to FUT.
● It’s the best choice if you need multiple grafts in one procedure. FUE allows you to preserve the donor area, so it’s best for multiple grafts.
● It is perfect for persons who need modest transplants. FUE is best suitable for younger patients or people who’re just requiring a modest number being near the hairline.
● FUT can give an appearance of increased fullness when hair transplantation is needed on a large site. FUE can result in loss of natural appearance.
● The procedure usually takes four to 12 hours and does not involve months.
● FUT is more cost-effective than FUE.
● The procedure is perfect for patients who wish to keep their long hair. The scars are not prominent and are easy to cover with hair.
● The operation is accompanied by a linear scar in the neck.
Compared to both methods, hair graft extraction is very different. In FUT, the grafts are removed in strips. But in FUE the grafts are removed individually.
If you have any other questions or concerns about hair transplant surgery, please don’t hesitate to contact our expert dermatologist at Vitals Skin and Hair Clinic in Bangalore. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have.