Scar Removal Treatment
What are Scars?
The scar is a natural healing process that occurs after injury. True scars are caused by a change in skin tissues, which is a part of the healing phase. It results in structural change in the deeper layers of the skin that alters the physical architecture of normal skin.
Treatment for Scars
Although scars rarely pose a significant health risk, emotional wounds often become dormant in the life of many people who have experienced them as some Scars are not only disfiguring but also aesthetically unpleasant. But don’t worry, at Vitals, our experienced Dermatologists perform the most suitable treatment after evaluating the scar in safe and comfortable surroundings. Once the type of scar is diagnosed, dermatologists suggest you the right treatment best suited for your scars and the type of your skin ranging from over-the-counter remedies to clinical treatment options depending on the depth or size of the wound or cut or even the location of the injury, also with age, genetics, and sex, etc.
Types of scars treated
- Acne Scars
- Post traumatic Scars
- Accidential Scars
- Surgical Scars
- Hypotropic Scar
However, Surgical and Non-Surgical Treatments offered for different types of Scars are –
Scar removal Treatment: Non–Surgical Techniques
- Topical therapy – The use of topical silicone gel or silicone sheet improves the contour, texture, and color of the scar.
- Intralesional agents – Intralesional corticosteroids reduce scar formation by inhibiting of inflammation with the help of Injections of Steroids, mediators, and collagen synthesis.
- Cryotherapy – Cryotherapy either alone or in combination with intralesional corticosteroids or surgical excision is used in the management of hypertrophic scars and keloids
- Non-ablative lasers – Decreases the redness of the scar by destroying the blood vessels and the use of lower sub-purpuric stimulates collagen remodeling and softens the scar.
- Ablative laser resurfacing – Scar revision using ablative lasers can cause pigment alteration and scar deterioration from overaggressive treatment.
- Others – Electro current using positive-polarity electrical stimulation, radiation therapy, and pressure dressings have also been used for treating scars
- Microdermabrasion – Is performed using either a pressurized stream of aluminum oxide crystals in the treatment of superficial acne scars.
Scar Removal Treatment: Surgical Techniques USED are:
- Fusiform elliptical excision – It is the most appropriate technique for revising a mature depressed or spread scar which is present along the RSTLs and respects the facial subunits
- Dermabrasion – Is used for smoothing and leveling the textural abnormalities of the scar surface and its uneven edges.
- Flaps and grafts – Flaps can be used for revising large scars or scar that is located in a critical location in which it is difficult to mobilize the adjacent tissue. Long linear scars, excessively wide hypertrophic and atrophic scars and scars covering large surface areas and involving significant tissue loss can be revised using serial partial excisions, tissue expansion, skin grafting, flaps, and integral artificial skin.
Best Scar Removal Treatment In Bangalore
The scar is a natural healing process that occurs after injury. True scars are caused by a change in skin tissues, which is a part of the healing phase. It results in structural change in the deeper layers of the skin that alters the physical architecture of normal skin
We have highly trained professionals, and experienced doctors to serve the best possible results. We from VitalsKlinic provide all skin-related treatments like Acne, Warts Removal, Ingrown Toenail, Botox, Dermal Fillers, Earlobe Hole Repair, Spots, and Melasma.