Spider Veins,name is derived from the web of red or blue veins which spreads across your legs as you age and look like spider webs or tree branches. Spider Veins, also known as telangiectasias, are clusters of tiny blood vessels that develop close to the surface of the skin.They are often smaller, red, blue, or purple vessels that twist and turn. .Although they can develop anywhere, they are commonly found on the face and legs. However, the frequency of spider veins is more in women than in men.
Signs & Symptoms of Spider Veins
The most obvious sign of spider veins is their web-like look on the skin. These veins can be red, blue, or purple. Spider veins are very common, especially in people over the age of 50. In some cases, they may become painful or cause skin sores or blood clots
Other symptoms include:
- Restlessness or fatigue in the legs or an overall heaviness in the leg.
- Throbbing, cramping, or aching
- Itching around the veins
- Skin ulcers
Causes of Spider Veins
The weak vein walls cause pools of blood, which results in spider veins. A number of factors which predispose a person to spider veins are aging, heredity, Obesity, hormonal influences of pregnancy, puberty, and menopause, Postmenopausal hormonal replacement, birth control pills, history of blood clots, tumors, constipation, and externally worn garments like girdles, standing or sitting for long periods of time, constipation, sun exposure (in light-skinned people). Other reported causes include trauma or injury to the skin, previous vein surgery, and exposure to ultraviolet rays.
Treatments for Spider Veins
Spider veins rarely are a serious health problem, but they not only cause embarrassment due to their appearance, but also cause uncomfortable feelings in the legs. If you are concerned about the appearance and uncomfort caused by Spider Veins, you can use the following treatments which are easy, safe and highly successful and effective.
- Sclerotherapy– During this procedure, your doctor injects a solution directly into the veins, inflicting the blood to reroute through healthier veins.
- Laser Therapy – With this therapy, beam lights are focused which helps to destroy
- Surgery– Surgical techniques includes ligation (tying off of a vein) and stripping (removal of a long segment of vein).
- Support stockings– Carrying properly-fitting stocking, particularly once the veins cause painful or uncomfortable symptoms.
- Lifestyle changes– Good skin hygiene, weight loss (if needed), and walking can help treat spider veins.
Prevention of Spider Veins
Not all spider veins can be prevented. But, there are some steps you can take to reduce your chances of getting new spider veins. These can help ease discomfort:
- Losing Weight and Managing Diet.
- Avoid high heels
- Elevate your legs for 30 minutes several times a day
- Wearing compression support stocking.
- Don’t cross your legs when you’re sitting down.
Visit Our BTM Clinic Today
Name: Vitals Skin and Hair Clinic
Address: 8th Main Road, 390,
7th Cross Rd, BTM 2nd Stage,
Bengaluru, Karnataka 56
Contact number: 92068 69610
Harmonal acne Treatment
tumour removal treatment